Social Policies, Gender Identity, and Sexual Orientation Studies Association (SPoD) is seeking for fellow workers with the qualities indicated below for the implementation of the project of the psychosocial support for Syrian LGBTIs.
Position: Translator / Interpreter (Arabic-Turkish or Arabic-English)
Position Type: Part time
Role and Responsibilities
- Translate orally and in written documents produced by the psychologist and other members of the team
- Translate orally the psychosocial counseling services and psychotherapies given by the psychologist
- Translate in written all documents prepared for seminars, trainings, panels and meetings in refugee rights field
- Create the content in Arabic on the organization website by translating the pages from English/Turkish
- Translate orally and/or in writing all documents presented by program staff
- Experience as a professional translator/interpreter in civil society organizations
- Excellent written and verbal English or Turkish and Arabic communication skills
- Experience in psychosocial support projects as translator/interpreter is an asset
- Open to flexible work hours
- Open to teamwork, cooperation and responsibility sharing
- Computer skills (MS Office Softwares)
Candidates are expected to send their motivation letters (which explains why they want to work for this position, if they have experience in any LGBTI or human rights organization, and if they have any relation with the Syrian LGBTI community) and resumes in Turkish or English to firstname.lastname@example.org until February 19th, 2017 Sunday. Please indicate which position you apply for on the email subject.
In accordance with justice and equality principles, SPoD maintains a rights-based struggle against any discrimination based on belief, language, ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, bodily characteristics, life style, or any social-economic status; and adapts these principles on all its operations and human resources processes.